SCHSL Guidelines for Hydration, Heat and Humity
The EAP for 2022/23 is being updated.
You must have ALL PlanetHS forms completed and uploaded by the given season deadline to be eligible to participate in practices/tryouts.
- DO NOT PAY YOUR PARTICIPATION FEE until you have attended tryouts and received notification from the Athletic Department/Coach that you have secured a position on the team.
- If you pay your Participation Fee BEFORE you successfully make it through the tryout process, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND!
GET READY TO PLAY!!!
PlanetHS is the web-based platform that SA and parents will use to upload, review, sign and date all necessary forms required before the SA can participate in any conditioning or practice. Visit www.planeths.com and create two accounts: one for the SA and one for parent. If you have difficulty setting up your account, please contact PlanetHS directly:
The Athletic Department CANNOT assist with technical support. Please contact PlanetHS/Big Teams directly. If emailing, be sure to send them parent and athlete name, email and phone numbers, along with a description of your problem/question. A lot of times, tech support will be able to correct the problem without having to speak with you.
HELP DESK NUMBER: 866-448-9438, ext 1 (phone support is at a minimum)
EMAIL: email@example.com (best way to seek tech support)
All PSA Student-Athletes are required to have ALL PlanetHS forms completed, signed and uploaded into PlanetHS BEFORE participating in any tryout. It is STRONGLY recommended that these forms be completed PRIOR to any conditioning and off-season practicing, but they must be completed no later than the date assigned prior to tryouts. If your SA does not have these forms completed and uploaded into PlanetHS, he/she will not be eligible to participate.
The following documents must be signed and dated by parent and SA as instructed. If the forms are not completed as instructed, they will be declined which can impact your SA eligibility for participation:
- The PRE-PARTICIPATION documents consists of PHYSICAL FORM (must be completed and uploaded) and the HISTORY FORM (can be completed on PlanetHS site electronically).
- Physical Form (to be completed by physician), must be dated AFTER April 1 of current calendar year.
- History Form (to be completed by physician), must be dated AFTER April 1 of current calendar year.
- Parent’s Permission & Acknowledgement of Risk to Participation (to be completed by parent) : THIS IS INCLUDED IN THE PRINT OUT BUT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PRINTED/UPLOADED AS IT IS ONE OF THE FORMS YOU WILL DIGITALLY SIGN
- Birth Certificate
- Concussion Statement (CDC Concussion Info)
- Mission Statement
- Social Media Policy and Guidelines
- Student Transportation Waiver
This site is also where High School athletes will pay their participation fee ($75 first sport, $50 second sport). Once you have made a team and pay the participation fee, THERE IS NO REFUND!
STUDENT-ATHLETES (Must complete AFTER they have made the team):
Beginning August 2018, all PSA Student-Athletes who have successfully made it through the tryout process for a MS or HS sport will be required, EVERY YEAR, to complete three courses prior to the beginning of their sport’s season. These FREE courses (Concussions for Students, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, “My Choice”) are available at NFHSLearn.com and have NO ASSOCIATION with PlanetHS documents. The SA will have to create an account, search for these courses and add them to the cart and check out. The courses will then be found under the “My Courses” tab where they can be watched. At the end of each course, the SA will save the Certificate and then upload it into the “Google Classroom Assignment” for their sport. If a SA participates in more than one sport, the course need only be completed one time but the certificate will need to be uploaded into each sport’s Google Classroom.
COACHES (Must complete PRIOR to first in-season practice):
If you are interested in coaching a team with PSA, you must contact the Athletic Director. The AD will then send a link to create an PlanetHS account where all certifications will be uploaded.
Any coach/assistant coach interested in coaching a team at PSA (Trident League, SCHSL sanctioned, or athletic sport) is required to completed the following:
- PSA Background check
- Five NFHSLearn.com courses per SCHSL (Concussions, Heat Illness, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Protecting Students from Abuse, Corona)
- Rules Clinic for their specific sport (deadline driven)
- Fundamentals of Coaching (if you have not taken this before and are NOT an employee at a school district)